Homemade remedies

Home Forums Stocking Our Shelves (SOS) Homemade remedies

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      minisliceoffarmminisliceoffarm
      Keymaster

Anything from dandelion to plantain to corn silk, list your homemade remedies here!!

Bekah2082Bekah2082
      Participant

Ok so this form is way new to me so hopefully I get this right. We can talk about everything right?
      Let’s start lists
      Raw Honey and lemon mixed makes great cough syrup
      I cured my own and hubs covid with vitamin c
      Elderberry is amazing
      Bone broth fixes everything
      I didn’t really believe in essential oils untill I used lavender on my sore throat and woke up feeling better.
      Someone list things we don’t already know about?

minisliceoffarmminisliceoffarm
        Keymaster

@Bekah2082 Yes, all topics are welcome, we only ask for kindness and respect. Private forums say “Private” before them on the main forum page. Only members can read those. All others are readable by the public but only members can participate in the conversation.

Anonymous
      Inactive

My grandmother always taught us to use vinegar on mosquito bites within the first couple hours. Will go down in a hour or two. It should sting when you apply it. Has always worked for me.

When I was a caregiver for my mother she would get cysts on her ears. I used tea tree oil and it would go down. Outside of the ear only.

Thats all I know!

JulieTJulieT
      Participant

Good time of year to mention goldenrod… It’s a lovely anti-inflammatory and great as a tincture, tea or oxymel for seasonal allergies. I also infuse it in oil (olive or any oil will work) to make a salve for sore joints and such.

ChallengingDecadeChallengingDecade
      Participant

I would love to know some books on herbal to grow for meds. What are the favorites to get started

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.