We’re so glad you’re here! We’ve got lots of yummy recipes and kitchen tips and tricks we’ve learned here on our mini slice of farm heaven. Grab a cup of your favorite beverage and enjoy!
- egg yolks
- salt, any kind as long as isn’t Iodized
- In a glass container add a 1/2 inch thick layer of salt.
- Use an egg to create divots in the salt for each egg yolk. Keeping them at least 1/2 inch apart.
- Separate eggs and place the yolks in the divots (do not use a punctured yolk for this).
- Cover the yolks with salt until you can’t see any yellow.
- Place the salt covered yolks in the refrigerator for 1 week to cure.
- Remove the yolks, dust off the salt and wrap the yolks in cheesecloth.
- Hang the yolks to dry, in the refrigerator for 7 to 10 days.
- Once the yolks are firm and easy to grate, store them tightly covered in the refrigerator.
You can grate them anywhere you would add parmesan cheese
This is one of our most popular recipes on YouTube and in our house. It’s packed with flavor and great as a meal served in a bread bowl or with a warm, crusty bread on the side. You can adjust the amount of cheese to suit you own taste or even try it with different types of cheese. If you like broccoli cheddar soup this is guaranteed to be a hit!Continue reading “Broccoli Cheddar Soup – Panera Copycat”
This carrot soup is perfect on a cool autumn evening! It’s a great way to add a new dish to your repertoire with familiar ingredients in a simple recipe that comes together in about 30-40 minutes. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!Continue reading “Creamy Carrot Soup”
The recipe for this amazing black bean soup is super simple and takes only a few minutes of active cooking time before we let the crock-pot do its magic!Continue reading “Crock-Pot Black Bean Soup”
If you’ve spent any time in the Cincinnati, Ohio area, you’ve seen the skyline chili restaurants. If you’re a local, it’s a hometown favorite. This chili is NOT anything like a Texas style chili. It’s a little bit sweet with a little bit of spice and a flavor all its own.Continue reading “Copycat Skyline Chili!”
We had normal loaded nachos planned for Tuesday night’s dinner … but I wanted to experiment with a few additions (and I got a fun new crockpot for dips a few weeks ago so really wanted to break it in LOL)
These sweet rolls double up as amazing slider buns! Here is the full recipe:
Continue reading “Easy Slider Rolls”