Post Apocalyptic/SHTF Novels

Home Forums Stocking Our Shelves (SOS) Post Apocalyptic/SHTF Novels

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      deidracoxdeidracox
      Participant

what are your favorite post apocalyptic/SHTF novels? i’ve started rereading Earth Abides by George R. Stewart, which is great, especially considering when it was published, and i just picked up The Night of the Long Knives by Fritz Leiber which is just silly end of the world fun, absolutely no redeeming values at all.

Hilarc5Hilarc5
      Participant

One second after. I’ve read a lot of this type of fiction, that one was the most informative, thought provoking.

If you don’t mind zombies & a some romance, HIGHLY recommend Sarah Lyon Flemings city series. I listened to them on audible.

deidracoxdeidracox
        Participant

i’ve read One Second After and enjoyed it very much, i may dust my copy off and reread it next ๐Ÿ™‚
        i looked through Amazon and took a gander at Sarah Lyons Fleming’s books and they look really cool, i added her to my wishlist. i love discovering new authors and this genre of fiction ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
        Inactive

Definitely One Second After! And, though not a novel, I thought Surviving Off Off-Grid by Michael Bunker was a worthwhile read too.

deidracoxdeidracox
        Participant

i’ve not tried Surviving Off Off-Grid, i’ll have to check it out, i was goofing around on my laptop and discovered a nifty list of Post-Apocalyptic SHTF Novels if anyone is interested. there’s a lot that i’ve never heard of, but i’m eager to try ๐Ÿ™‚ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:American_post-apocalyptic_novels

MarleneMarlene
      Participant

I enjoyed the
      ~Survivalist Series by A. American, also found under the tittle
      “Going Home” which is the first book. There is also
      ~299 Day by Glen Tate.
      ~Patriots By James Rawles
      ~A Great State trilogy by Shelby Gallagher. Has some good
      ideas… but…
      ~The EMP Series but Ryan Westfield I haven’t listened to all of
      it yet, so I can’t say if it is truly worth it. Did enjoy to
      what I did hear.
      ~The Longest Walk by Ryan Foster.

deidracoxdeidracox
      Participant

i’ve been meaning to read the books by A. American for a while now, they’re on my list ๐Ÿ™‚
      James Rawles’ Patriots is wonderful, i really enjoyed it.
      i’ll have to look up the other books you mentioned, i just love to find more good post-apocalyptic books ๐Ÿ™‚

M WegzM Wegz
      Participant

One Second After is actually part of a trilogy, there’s two more books!

TeresaETeresaE
      Participant

The Going Home series by A. American is great. And thereโ€™s a couple associated FB pagesโ€ฆ.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.