September Book Club

Home Forums SOS Book Club September Book Club

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      minisliceoffarmminisliceoffarm
      Keymaster

September Book club and our 30 Day #SAVERS Challenge! We are reading “The Miracle Morning” by Hal Elrod
      For Day 1 (Sep 1st)
      S … 5-10 min of silence (meditation or quite time alone with your thoughts)
      A … Write out 10 affirmations and say them out loud
      V … Visualize yourself completing those affirmations
      E … Exercise for at least 15 min (it can be as easy as a light walk, or an intense HIT workout, your choice)
      R … Read or listen to chapter 6 in the book
      S … Write in our journal. It can be gratitude, setting up the day, or a journal entry <3SAVERS

Keymaster

Day 1 Check in here by “replying” to this comment! What was your favorite part of the SAVERS today?

MommaSnapsBackMommaSnapsBack
        Participant

Hey hey! I used some quiet early morning time on my front porch rocking chairs to get my reading done and then continued for my quiet time ❤️
        Exercise was some stretching and a short walk.
        I’m searching for a notebook to do my affirmations and journaling ?
        I know we have one around here, but they’re still in moving boxes.

CaylybeeCaylybee
      Participant

Done. I don’t have the book yet, so I read the first section of Rich Dad, Poor Dad. Also didn’t get a full 15 min of exercise in, yet, but I got some in before I cramped. Lol
      I know it won’t always be as smooth as today (all kids sleeping until I was pretty much done). But an EXCELLENT start to the month. ?

Keymaster

Love this!! That was a great book too, need to add it back to my “re-read” list. I only got 10min of E this morning … I will need to make up the rest and do another 10min at lunch <3

Participant

I love rich dad poor dad! I’m trying to pay my teenager $10 to read it and take a quiz… but she’s not biting my bait yet ?

LisasdyeLisasdye
      Participant

I’ve started reading the book (I was almost lost for the day ?) then I switched over to chapter 6! I have a dvd on meditation that I’m going to run through. I will start with 5 min. I have add so quitting my mind can be difficult!

Keymaster

Honestly that was the hardest part for me too! Why is it so hard to quiet our minds for just a few minutes??

AbethAbeth
      Participant

Was able to get most of it done. We are away for the next 2 days so quiet time is at a minimum but I got it done. Looking forward to this month challenge

KYgirlalwaysKYgirlalways
      Participant

Got most of it Done! It was done this morning but got busy.

Lf68263Lf68263
      Participant

I read the chapter and did 5 minutes of quiet time on my back porch this morning. That’s as far as i got. I’ll try and get my exercise in tomorrow morning.

NursenattNursenatt
      Participant

I suppose I am bad at following directions….I didn’t post that I completed Day 1! ?
      I listened to the book. As my copy hasn’t arrived yet…I love it! So much takeaway! I also loved writing down my affirmations and saying aloud….something in the past I usually wouldn’t enjoy or would just skip altogether.
      Great day #1
      XO

Keymaster

Day 2 Check in – Reply to this post to check in

How long did you sit in silence or meditate today?

September Book club and our 30 Day #SAVERS Challenge! We are reading “The Miracle Morning” by Hal Elrod
      For Day 2 (Sep 2nd) We are going to dive in to the first part of SAVERS … Silence. That is usually achieved through meditation or quietly sitting alone with no interruptions.

6 Physical Benefits of meditation
      -Lowers high blood pressure
      -Lowers the levels of blood lactate, reducing anxiety attacks
      -Decreases any tension-related pain, such as tension headaches, ulcers, insomnia, muscle, and joint problems
      -Increases serotonin production that improves mood and behavior
      -Improves the immune system
      -Increases the energy level, as you gain an inner source of energy

9 Mental Benefits of Meditation
      Meditation brings the brainwave pattern into an alpha state that promotes healing. The mind becomes fresh, delicate, and beautiful. It cleanses and nourishes you from within and calms you, whenever you feel overwhelmed, unstable, or emotionally shut down. With regular practice of meditation:

-Anxiety decreases
      -Emotional stability improves
      -Creativity increases
      -Happiness increases
      -Intuition develops
      -Gain clarity and peace of mind
      -Problems become smaller
      -Meditation sharpens the mind by gaining focus and expands through relaxation
      -Meditation makes you aware – that your inner attitude determines your happiness.

DonnaSouthwoodDonnaSouthwood
      Participant

I’m not sure I’m navigating this forum properly. I can see all of yesterday’s posts, but nothing but the OP for today. Anyway, I did yesterday’s all except the exercise, but chapter 6 was so long (on audible) that I finished that today. Once again, I did everything except the exercise. I have too much on my plate right now, but hoping to start on my treadmill next week.

Keymaster

You are doing great Donna :). I’m putting it all in one thread for now so just keep scrolling until you see today’s check in (I usually have them in bold), and hit “reply” on that post.

Keymaster

Day 3 Check in – Reply to this post to check in

How are you doing with affirmations? It was so awkward for me at first!!

I am
      Positive thinking affirmations have the power to silence your negative thoughts and put you in a positive frame of mind.

Affirmations work by repetition. Simply put, when you repeat affirmations with belief (positive emotion or conviction), your subconscious picks up on them and starts acting as if they were true.

Participant

Sitting quietly was hard. I could only do 4 minutes and then I just couldn’t take it anymore ??

I have 6 affirmations and I’ve been saying them to myself all day, and yes, I feel like a big dork. But hey, trusting the process and I’m sure it’s a good thing. I’ve read so many books that recommend affirmations, but I usually skip it. ❤️

I tackled a bunch of chores that I’ve been putting off because I was so pumped and motivated after my morning SAVERS

AbethAbeth
      Participant

Getting it done, we are just returning from a travel trip so I these days have taken longer but already creating a rhythm.

Keymaster

Day 4 Check in – Reply to this post to check in

It is our first weekend day of the challenge! Did you still get up a bit earlier and do your Saturday SAVERS?

I didn’t get up as early as I usually do on the weekdays but was still able to get some of them done. Need to do my Exercise portion, planning a light 20min walk for that today.

AbethAbeth
        Participant

Was able to get everything done Saturday. My exercise was a beautiful walk out a breakwater to a lighthouse. Intentioned time carved in my day makes all the difference.

DonnaSouthwoodDonnaSouthwood
      Participant

I didn’t get up earlier, but I did do my Savers. All except the exercise. Hoping to start that next week.

Keymaster

Day 5 Check in – Click the “Reply” to this post to check in

It is Sunday so I’m doing a very laid back version of SAVERS today! Light walks, gratitude journal and sleeping in <3 Usually my "scribe" is planning out the day. Did you still do the full weekday type SAVERS today or did you take the easier approach? Tomorrow we'll dive into Visualize a little more! If you missed Silence and Affirmation info days they were on Thursday (Day2) and Friday (Day3) above

Participant

Well I won’t say Sunday and Monday we’re fails, but I definitely didn’t wake up early. I kinda woke up regular time and then did the SAVERS steps. We were highly productive at home over the 3 day weekend though. We got quite a bit accomplished on the kitchen remodel

Keymaster

It was nice to be a little laid back – Was ready to hit the ground running today though!!

Keymaster

I totally missed Labor day on here … I actually did them all though if that counts LOL
      Making this the official check in for Day 7!! (Hit the “reply” to this comment to check in)

How are you doing with Visualizing? Is it easy for you to see yourself hitting your goals? Can you completely disconnect and be submerged in that future world?

visualization

Participant

Visualizing is actually so relaxing for me. After Meditation/visualization I feel like I just got out of a therapy session. I feel like my brain is thanking me for giving it a minute to talk ❤️

Keymaster

Day 8 Check in!! (Hit the “reply” to this comment to check in)

What Exercises have you been doing for your SAVERS?

Participant

Deeeep stretching and bike riding have been my exercises.
        I have to do my exercises from home, and I don’t like to turn on any screens in the morning so aerobic videos are out. The only other option I have would be to lift Micah’s weights LOL. So, deep stretching and bike riding will be my thing for a while ❤️

Keymaster

Day 9 Check in!! (Hit the “reply” to this comment to check in)

How are you feeling?
      Are you more motivated than you were when we started?

This morning I did the I Am affirmations. Those are always so powerful. Anything that follows I am dictates your day, week, year and so on. So be very careful with what you say after I am. Instead of I am tired, say I am energetic, healthy and strong. Pay extra attention to your inner voice tomorrow, every time you catch yourself saying I’m so … whatever, make sure it’s a positive affirmation and not a detrimental one!

Participant

So I did all the SAVERS steps. I’ve also finished the entire audiobook, so I’m going to listen to chapter 6 a couple times in a row, then start back and do the whole book again. Sometimes I miss things the first and second time.

One thing I noticed last week, once I finished the morning bookwork, I will just start doing my daily chores. Then before the kids were up I would be done with everything I would normally do in a day. So I was left with a gaping hole in my schedule. So I decided from now on, once I’m done with my savers steps I’m going to secretly learn how to read music and play the piano. Then I’m just gonna freak my kids out. They’ve been taking piano lessons for years and we do little family concerts. By my calculations, if I put six hours a week into learning to read music and play piano, I should be caught up with Jovi’s skill level in one year, and I should catch up with Ellie’s skill level in about four months. LOL. ?
        I’m so excited about it. I’ve always wanted to learn an instrument and always told myself that I didn’t have enough time. But here I am, with extra time on my hands now that I’m getting a grip on my schedule

Keymaster

That’s incredible!! Its amazing what we put off as adults. So cool that you are filling this dormant dream you’ve had for years ❤️ Very inspiring @mommasnapsback

Participant

Thanks! Yesterday I learned what treble and bass clef actually mean and learned to identify Middle C before Lucy woke up and interrupted my plan. Haha. I’m excited though ❤️

Keymaster

Day 10 Check in!! (Hit the “reply” to this comment to check in)

I can’t believe it has been 10 Days already!! Have far have you gotten in the book? Some have said they finished it so they are adding something else for the R in SAVERS. What are you currently reading if you finished the book already?

Participant

I’m re-reading (listening to) the book.
      After that, I’m going to read some of his book recommendations. I’m going to start with that “think and grow rich “book that he references so many times

Keymaster

Day 12 Check in!! (Hit the “reply” to this comment to check in)

I completely ran out of time yesterday … and I didn’t start the day with the SAVERS like I usually do. I don’t think it is a coincidence that my day was crazy. These SAVERS really do save the day! How are you doing on weekend SAVERS?

Keymaster

Day 13 Check in!! (Hit the “reply” to this comment to check in)

What are you doing for your final S? Scribe. Mine is building the daily plan and checklist with a mini gratitude journal entry every day ?

Participant

I have been using that time to make my productivity lists for the day. I bought a new journal so that I can also write down some thoughts and ideas

Keymaster

Day 14 Check in!! (Hit the “reply” to this comment to check in)

We are officially 2 weeks into this challenge!! Have you had a chance to finish the book? I know some are listening to it and they are going back in for a second round. We will do some book club questions early next week 🙂

Keymaster

Day 15 Check in!! (Hit the “reply” to this comment to check in)

How has your life changed so far by doing the SAVERS this month??

I feel so focused and ready to execute!! If you follow me on YouTube you know I’ve been putting out consistent content and that is something I struggled with in the past. This has really brought back that consistency and love for providing information with entertainment <3 It has been a great few weeks!

Participant

It’s really showing me that the days where I get up and follow the steps are days where I feel like I’ve had a full and wonderful day.

When I allow myself to sleep in (which ends up being most weekends) my day feels half over when I wake up and it’s a total bummer.

Participant

I’m still here ?

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.