We raise Flemish Giants and usually use the backstrap portion (the most tender part) to make grilled or fried nuggets. If your farm rabbits are smaller than a flemish giant you can make this recipe using the leg meat.
Here is the recipe!
- Rabbit loin (aka backstrap)
- 1 1/2 Cups flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbs half n half or milk
- 1/2 Cup Panko or breadcrumbs (optional, can use additional 1/2 cup flour)
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- salt/pepper (to taste)
- Frying oil (you can also do these in the air fryer if you have one)
- Cut up the loin pieces into 1/2 inch rounds
- Season one side with salt and pepper to taste, 3/4 tsp paprika, 1 tsp garlic powder.
- Flip pieces over and season the second side with salt/pepper to taste and the remaining spices.
- put the flour into a medium size bowl with high sides
- Toss the seasoned nuggets in there one at a time shaking the bowl to coat them, then place them back on the cutting board.
- Mix egg and milk in a small sized bowl
- Add 1/2 cup of panko or breadcrumbs to flour in medium sized bowl.
- Coat each nugget in the egg mixture then toss into the flour mixture and put back on the cutting board.
- When completely done heat up your oil to 375F or get the air fryer ready.
- For deep frying, fry for 5-7min or until they float and are golden brown, then drain on flour sack towel.
- For air fryer, lightly spray basket with oil and put nuggets in single layer, spray nuggets and cook for 15min.
- Allow to cool before diving in, they will be HOT!
|^^If you are looking for a good side to these nuggets, try this crispy oven baked fries recipe^^|
|^^To pin this Rabbit Nugget recipe for later click here^^|
*Note: I am a participant of the Amazon.com associates program. This is an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. I have personally purchased or researched all of the products linked and will not suggest a product otherwise. By purchasing through these links you support this Mini Slice of Farm blog without any extra cost to you and allow us to continue posting great content for you. Thank you for your support!!