We had normal loaded nachos planned for Tuesday night’s dinner … but I wanted to experiment with a few additions (and I got a fun new crockpot for dips a few weeks ago so really wanted to break it in LOL)
It ended up being so creamy and delicious!! The kids were asking for seconds, and my five year old asked to have this for dinner every night … so I guess this one is a keeper!
Here is how I made it.
Hot dip Ingredients:
- 2 Tbls Oil for sauteing (I used avocado oil)
- Taco seasoning (You can find my homemade recipe here)
- One can of refried beans
- One package of cream cheese, room temp
- 1/3 Cup Sour cream
- Medium onion finely diced
- 1.5 lbs Beef diced (bottom round or sirloin work well for this)
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Black olives
- (Also Tortilla chips for dipping or as the base)
- Saute the onions in the oil and a little salt on medium heat until translucent
- Add diced steak and turn the heat up to high. When the beef releases a little broth add 1Tbls Taco seasoning and salt/pepper to taste. When browned with a little sauce turn off the heat and put aside.
- Mix Cream cheese, 1/3 Cup sour cream, 1 tsp taco seasoning, salt/pepper to taste and set aside
- Heat refried beans slightly and mix in 1 tsp taco seasoning, salt/pepper to taste.
- If you have a shallow crockpot (this is the one I use) you can layer directly into the crockpot, if not you can put it in an oven safe dish. Layer in the beans and smooth them out, then the cream cheese mixture and smooth it out, then add the steak and onion mixture and smooth it out into an even layer.
- Cover and heat on High for 30 min. (If in the oven, cover and heat at 350F for 15min)
- To dish it up put a layer of chips on the plate, top off with hot mixture, add salsa, sour cream, shredded cheese and black olives. (for a party dip add the extra toppings directly to the crockpot just before serving)
|^^To pin this recipe for later click here^^|