Subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow us on social media!!
“Wow this is delicious, can I drink the juice?”
A few years ago we had a potluck get-together. I wanted to bring a healthy option that everyone would actually eat. I thought my FAVORITE side dish, mom’s cucumber tomato salad, would be perfect! She made this salad next to a traditional recipe that came from my great grandmother that I like to call “flip over rice lasagna” (recipe coming soon).
The reactions we received on the potluck side dish were very surprising. Everyone initially went through the line and took a small spoonful to try (partly because they felt like they should have SOMETHING healthy on that plate lol). After the first taste the comments were:
“Wait, what did you say was in this?”
“Wow, this is delicious, can I drink the juice”
“Can I take the rest?”
This salad is now the most requested side dish (and recipe) for us to bring to events.
Hope you love it as much as we do 🙂
- 1 Large English cucumber
- 3 Vine ripened tomatoes (firm)
- 1/2 Small red onion
- 3 Tbls Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbls Raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbls Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt + more to taste
- Dice the cucumber, tomatoes and onion into 1/4 inch pieces and put into a large bowl.
- Lightly drizzle the olive oil, vinegar, and lemon all over the top. Make sure to evenly distribute it all over the veggies.
- Evenly sprinkle the salt all over the veggies and wet ingredients.
- Toss to incorporate all the ingredients together.
- Taste for added salt if needed – season to taste.
|^^To pin this recipe for later click here^^
*Note: I am a participant of the Amazon.com associates program. This is an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. I have personally purchased or researched all of the products linked and will not suggest a product otherwise. By purchasing through these links you support this Mini Slice of Farm blog without any extra cost to you and allow us to continue posting great content for you. Thank you for your support!!