We had a little fun on our snow day yesterday and made some butter. Here is how we did it 🙂
- Heavy whipping cream (you can make this with as little or as much as you like as long as the whisk can reach the cream to whip it)
- Pour heavy cream into mixing bowl.
- Slowly bring the mixer to high speed (so it doesn’t splash everywhere)
- Let it go until the butter separates from the buttermilk (it will splatter, see video)
- Press out the liquid and drain.
- Rinse butter with sold water until water is clear.
- Press into a butterbell or container of your choice.
*Note: I am a participant of the Amazon.com associates program. This is an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. I have personally purchased or researched all of the products linked and will not suggest a product otherwise. By purchasing through these links you support this Mini Slice of Farm blog without any extra cost to you and allow us to continue posting great content for you. Thank you for your support!!