Peaches … yep that’s it!!
The secret is to roast the peaches to release their natural sugars before dehydrating them. Here is how to do it:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Slice peaches in half and remove pit. Place peach halves pit side up in a glass baking dish. Bake for 15min.
- Switch the oven to broil. Move the peaches under the broiler to roast for another 10 min (monitor peaches so they don’t burn – just looking for a light browning.)
- Carefully remove the roasted peaches from the oven and let rest for 10 min. (The pit cavity might fill with peach juices
- Puree the peaches in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Spread the puree onto a dehydrator tray that has the fruit leather liner (smaller holes so the puree will not fall through). use an offset spatula or the back of a spoon to smooth out the puree into an even layer (about 1/4 inch in thickness).
- Set the dehydrator to 140°F and allow the fruit to dry for 8 to 10 hours.
- Peel the fruit leather off of the tray and slice long strips with a pizza cutter.
- Roll strips and place in an airtight container for storage.