These sweet rolls double up as amazing slider buns! Here is the full recipe:
- 5 1/2-6 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbls dry yeast
- 6 Tbls sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbls Pineapple or Lemon juice
- Heat the milk and water to 110 F
- Sprinkle the yeast and sugar into the warm milk and water and allow to proof in a warm space until nice and bubbly. We put ours in the oven with the light on for 5-10 minutes.
- Whisk together the eggs, vanilla and juice then stir them into the yeast mix along with 5 cups of the flour.
- Add the remaining flour gradually until you can knead the dough without it sticking to your hands.
- Knead on a floured surface until the dough stretches without breaking as you fold it over, about 10 minutes.
- Place the dough in a bowl and let it rise until doubled in size.
- Once doubled, punch the dough down then form balls just larger than a golf ball. Tip* Form an O with your index finger and thumb and press each piece of dough through to form a smooth surface.
- Place the dough balls closely spaced on a baking sheet then allow to rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F. Brush the rolls with an egg wash if desired then bake until the tops are golden brown, 12-15 minutes.
|^^To pin this recipe for later click here^^|
*Note: I am a participant of the Amazon.com associates program. This is an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. I have personally purchased or researched all of the products linked and will not suggest a product otherwise. By purchasing through these links you support this Mini Slice of Farm blog without any extra cost to you and allow us to continue posting great content for you. Thank you for your support!!