These sweet rolls double up as amazing slider buns! Here is the full recipe:
Continue reading “Easy Slider Rolls”
Homemade tortillas are the delicious … homemade tortillas that turn into chimichangas are AMAZING ❤
We made these incredible golden fried treats last weekend and posted pictures of it in our private Facebook group (click here to join our Stocking our Shelves group) . You guys asked for the recipe so here it is 😋
For the tortillas:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 Tbls olive oil
For the filling:
- 1 lb chicken breast, chopped
- 1 Tbls cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp chipotle chile powder
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine the ingredients for the filling except the cheese, mix well and set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the ingredients for the tortillas to form a dough ball
- Knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic, 3-4 minutes
- Divide dough into 12 roughly equal balls
- On a well floured surface, press out each ball and roll out to an 8-9 in circle. As you complete each tortilla, you can place them on a floured flour sack cloth.
- Once all tortillas have been rolled out, it’s time to cook the chicken
- In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbls oil over medium-high heat. Add the spiced chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until fully cooked, about 5-6 min.
- Spoon cooked chicken and an equal amount of shredded cheese onto the tortilla centered in the top half (don’t over stuff). Fold the top toward the center over the stuffing. Fold the left and right sides toward the center. Wet the bottom edge of the tortilla with a little water and roll the whole tortilla toward the bottom and seal.
- Heat 1 qt cooking oil in a cast iron skillet to 350-375 degrees. Place 4 chimichangas in the hot oil. Turn over when bottom half is lightly browned, 1-2 minutes. Cook the second side 1-2 minutes then remove to a wire rack over a baking sheet to drain off excess oil.
- Serve with lime wedges and your favorite Mexican condiments. Goes great with our favorite guacamole! (click here for Farmer J’s guacamole perfection recipe)
|^^To pin this recipe for later click here^^|
*Note: I am a participant of the Amazon.com associates program. This is an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. I have personally purchased or researched all of the products linked and will not suggest a product otherwise. By purchasing through these links you support this Mini Slice of Farm blog without any extra cost to you and allow us to continue posting great content for you. Thank you for your support!!