Subscribe to our YouTube channel and follow us on social media!!
Hi friends!!! It’s been a while since we have posted on here. Here is an update 🙂 If you follow me on Facebook you know we are expecting our third child. I’m now 29.5 weeks along!!! Here is the current view of my toes LOL
|Thank you for all the well wishes, support and love throughout this pregnancy!!!|
Now on to the yummies!!
This week we got to enjoy a farm raised rabbit for our dinners. I can compare the flavor to the best chicken you’ve ever had. Its moist tender meat that has amazing flavor, its naturally lean and easy to find without hormones and grass fed.
It was so much food that we were able to spread it out to feed our growing family of 4 (soon to be 5!!) for THREE nights. **see below for photos of the two other meals and links to recipes**
Here is the recipe for one of the dishes we used it for Creamy Pot Pie Soup. This dish will work with Turkey, chicken or farm raised rabbit.
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 large carrots sliced into rounds
- 3 large celery stalks diced
- 2 large potatoes diced
- 2 cups of white meat diced small (or cooked and shredded); turkey, chicken or farm raised rabbit will all work in this dish
- 12oz of peas (I use frozen)
- 4 Tbs butter
- 4 Tbs flour
- 4 cups broth or stock (learn how to make your own here)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dill
- In a warm pot on med-high heat, saute the onion with a pinch of salt and pepper in olive oil until translucent.
- Add meat, carrots, celery and potatoes with another pinch of salt and pepper (we are layering in the flavors, adding a small amount of salt and pepper with every ingredient builds depth of flavor)
- Sprinkle in the herbs and spices and saute for about 5 min to bring the heat back up in the pot.
- Make a well in the middle of the pot and add the butter and flour.
- Whisk the butter and flour together until its well incorporated and the flour is lightly toasted (about 5min) then whisk in one cup of the broth.
- When its well incorporated stir in the rest of the broth. Bring up to a boil then cover and simmer for 40min on low (until the veggies are tender)
- Increase the heat to medium, add peas and heavy cream then bring back up to a slow simmer. Stir until the desired consistency is reached (it will thicken the longer it simmers).
- Taste for seasoning (Careful it’s HOT). Add salt/pepper and more dill if needed.
For more information on the first two meals from this farm raised rabbit follow the links below!
For Meal #2 Farmer J smoked the remaining meat for Smoked rabbit Taco Tuesday. He made it with a side of guacamole (click here for his amazing guac recipe)
|^^Click here to pin the Creamy Pot Pie Soup for later^^|