Gardening

Home Forums Stocking Our Shelves (SOS) Gardening

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      minisliceoffarmminisliceoffarm
      Keymaster

Feel free to post any questions or tips for all kinds of gardening and growing food here <3

blthompsonblthompson
      Participant

This might be a silly question but any suggestions for companion planting for fall crops? Over the summer I had a lot of luck with companion plants with my veggies but not really sure what could thrive in the fall with the weather change ? We’re in the middle of a heat advisory (heat index of 100 here in zone 6A) so it’s been a bit hard to focus on the fall garden. Thankfully I started several things in the house so I’m not too far behind ?

I’m planting cabbage, kale, lettuce, spinach, Brussels sprout, swish chard, radish, beets, turnips, garlic, carrots, and a second round of okra and pole beans. I may try to plant some potatoes later on for a spring harvest but haven’t decided yet. What are y’all planting??

meAndTKmeAndTK
        Participant

I’ve much to learn, but there’s a book, “Carrots Love Tomatoes,” that deals with companion planting.

blthompsonblthompson
        Participant

Thank you!!

meAndTKmeAndTK
        Participant

YW

ChallengingDecadeChallengingDecade
      Participant

I have received heirloom seeds from a seed company. I will not use all of the seeds. How do I store them? I have Mylar bags, a foodsavor, and oxygen absorbers.

GrammyBGrammyB
      Participant

The best way to store seeds from year to year is:
      1. Make sure they are completely dry
      2. Vacuum seal in food saver bags or even canning jars
      3. Place in a cool place, or even better, in the freezer

I hope this helps!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.