Would you like the forum site to look more like a social network?

Home Forums Forum Improvements Would you like the forum site to look more like a social network?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      purplejarJared
      Keymaster

I’ve been looking at some plugins(pre-built software) to use to improve the forum experience. There is one we could switch to that would make this all work more like a social network with individual profile walls, a feed wall, post reactions etc. It’s not cheap though so I was hoping to get feedback of if you all would prefer it and use it regularly.
      Social Activity Plugin

GayMunGayMun
      Participant

I love the idea but realize it takes $$$ to set up so would need a lot of members to be on board with the idea. Also if it could be ad free? I find when I click on the forums I get annoying pop up ads that takes up screen space & keep popping up whenever I click on something.

minisliceoffarmminisliceoffarm
        Keymaster

Thank you for the feedback ? are you still getting pop up ads now? I disabled them a few days ago because they were so annoying to me too LOL there should only be banner ads

JanewalkerhallJanewalkerhall
      Participant

Darn… I’m finally in but not sure of what I’m supposed to respond to… UGH.

minisliceoffarmminisliceoffarm
        Keymaster

Yeay! You made it! Jared posted a picture above of what it COULD look like if we paid for an upgrade. We are trying to figure out if you all would like it before we shell out the $$$ on it LOL

TraceyTracey
      Participant

Personally I like this idea. It looks easier to use.

ResiMcdResiMcd
      Participant

I think it would be easier this way to have discussions. I like it.

CyrenaJoCyrenaJo
      Participant

I love the idea. I think we’re going to see more and more of this as the social media’s become more and more restrictive. Usually (hopefully) as things become more popular they get cheaper.

KristyHKristyH
      Participant

I would love that actually. I think it’s pretty much a race to see if Facebook kicks me off or if I quit first, lol!

csdesignercsdesigner
      Participant

Love this! I just have to save it so I know where to come back to – LOL!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.